The Crucible // Finale
Bible Text: Romans 8:29 | Speaker: Parkey Cobern | Series: The Crucible | Over the last ten sessions, we have been learning how God fashions a man/woman of God. We all know that we are saved once by the power of the Spirit. But God uses the crucible of life to fashion us into the image of Jesus.
For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren. /// Romans 8:29
God uses the trials of both good and tough events to shape us. While we could have used many people, David was our principal character study to come to the revelations of how God makes us after His will. Each week, we came to at least one primary truth. Now, we are going to review what we learned. This will give you an opportunity to see all of these together and have them on one list. Are you ready to review? A man/woman of God is created through knowing:
1. God is in control of the destiny of their life no matter the circumstances.
No matter the circumstances you are in – how difficult or what you have been like when you get saved, God determines where you will end up.
2. The heart must be free of unforgiveness, bitterness, and unbelief so that it can agree with God.
False beliefs that have accrued through difficult circumstances must be dealt with so that we can and will believe the truth about ourselves, our world, our God.
3. God is looking for those who will worship Him by knowing His Word, praying in His presence, and praising His name.
People don’t just “fall” into spiritual victory. They are fashioned for it through obedience to the Word, time spent knowing God, prayer that sets things under God’s lordship, and a lifestyle of praise that defeats the enemy.
4. The possibility of your success is determined by the power of God not by your ability.
You must learn not to talk yourself out of victory by determining your percentage of success through an evaluation of your own ability.
5. Supernatural victories are won through the ways of God not the ways of man.
We cannot depend upon anything other than the Word of God to shape our strategies nor should we simply emulate others who have been successful. The Bible doesn’t change but strategies do from situation to situation. What worked for “Saul” may not work for you.
6. Words that agree with God set up the conditions for victory.
Words are creative. Make sure yours are lining up with Gods.
7. Life will not always respond fairly to your obedience.
Obedience does not guarantee a trouble free life. But it will guarantee the favor of God.
8. Sometimes, the way “up” in the kingdom of God is “down”.
The pathway to fulfillment of God’s word is not always static. You must learn that the pathway to the palace often goes through the dungeon.
9. When God allows a “Saul” to attack you, His target is the “Saul” within you.
Instead of focusing on defense when under attack, focus on refinement of your character.
10. Be faithful to your calling even when others are unfaithful in theirs.
Don’t take your ques as to how you will respond from others. You obey God even when others do not!
11. A man/woman of God does not seek their own promotion nor another’s demotion.
Don’t “jockey” for position. Don’t “politic” for promotion. Allow God to raise you up. Don’t be a part of another’s downfall to aid your position.
12. If you want to be a man/woman of God, you must get rid of the orphan spirit!
When you hit “bottom”, don’t give in to the “where is God” syndrome. God is with you. Go to Him for answers.
If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him. But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind. For let not that man suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord; he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways. /// James 1:5-8
13. Every man/woman of God must pass the test of commitment and the test of character.
Tough times test your belief in God’s desire and ability to fulfill His promise. Good times test your character so to not serve yourself, your goods, or seek your own praise.
14. A man/woman of God trusts God in demotion as well as promotion.
No one knows their own heart. If you don’t fight for position, you don’t fight to keep position. Trust God in your “going out” and your coming in”.
Study these truths. Purposefully incorporate them during trial and success.
Check us out and share us with your family & friends!