What to Expect
When you arrive at Capstone, you’ll be greeted by our team of greeters as you make your way in! Our greeters are positioned throughout the campus and they would love to help you with whatever you may need while you are visiting with us.
Currently we are under construction as we renovate and repair from last year’s freeze (“snowmageddon”) which burst the pipes in our fire suppression system and flooded our entire downstairs. Thankfully we have finished with flooring and paint, so we are able to meet in the foyer again for casual gatherings. Our kitchen is still incomplete so our coffee shop, HeBrews, is open before & after service upstairs in the Loft above the KidsZone. Stop by to enjoy a cup and make some new friends!
On Sundays and Wednesdays, when you first arrive, children who are infants to kindergarten can be checked into the nursery to be cared for, ministered to, and loved on. School age kids can be checked in to our Capstone Kids for an awesome service designed just for them (except for every first Sunday of each month which is Family Sunday, where we encourage families to worship and learn together in our main service; infants through preschool will still have children’s church available to them on Family Sunday).
Then, our service itself encourages you to connect with God on a personal level, be encouraged by His Word, and fellowship with others in a loving, life-giving atmosphere. We open with praise and worship, which is a time for you to communicate with God and experience His presence in your life, followed by a teaching from the Bible that’s powerful and practical. If you’re a first time visitor, then raise your hand for a Visitor Card after worship and turn it in at the Connect Center for a free gift!
Speaking of the Connect Center, we’re excited to announce that it is officially open in the foyer at the base of the main stairs, and there you’ll have the opportunity to learn more about the church, what ministries and resources we provide, and get signed up for any upcoming events! We believe strongly in the power of getting connected, and our Connect Groups are the lifeblood of the church. These groups are a great place to get connected with like-minded believers in a smaller setting that’s more personal and engaging, and you can find the best group for you and your family by visiting the Connect Center.
We are excited for you to join us and hope you enjoy your time here!
For any questions you may have, you can reach us here.
What We Believe
Here at Capstone Church, we operate on certain core Biblical beliefs. We have created a list of the ten we find most important, with Scripture references!
- We believe the Bible is the inspired, inerrant Word of God.
2 Tim. 3:16-17 | 2 Peter 1:20
- We believe God is the creator and sustainer of the universe.
Gen. 1 | John 1:3 | Col. 1:16 | Heb. 1:3
- We believe God is triune, three distinct individuals in one God – Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
Deut. 6:4 | Matt. 28:19-20 | John 17:20-21
- We believe Jesus is both Lord and Christ, to the Glory of God the Father.
Acts 1:9-11 | Acts 2:36 | Phil. 2:9-11
- We believe that whosoever will confess with their mouth that Jesus is Lord and believes in his heart God raised Him from the dead shall be saved.
Rom. 10:9-10 | Acts 2:21 | John 1:12
- We believe that the Holy Spirit is sent by Jesus to indwell, empower, teach, guide and comfort believers.
Luke 12:12 | Rom. 8:11 | John 16:13 | Acts 1:7-8 | Acts 9:31
- We believe that the nine gifts of the Holy Spirit, as evidenced in 1 Cor. 12:4-11, are active today and did not pass away after the first century.
Luke 12:12 | Acts 1:5 | 2:17-41 | 1 Cor. 12:4-11
- We believe that every Christian is called to share the good news of God’s kingdom.
Matt. 28:19-20 | Mark 16:15-18 | Acts 1:8
- We believe that the Lord Jesus’ death, burial and resurrection from the dead, provided for healing of the spirit, soul and body of all peoples.
1 Peter 2:24
- We believe in the imminent return of Jesus Christ, who will come to rule as King upon the earth with the saints.
Acts 1:9-11 | 1 Thes. 4:13 | 1 Thes. 5:2 | Rev. 19:11-21 | Rev. 22:20
Pastor Parkey & Rhonda Cobern
Pastor Paul & Jenea' Henderson
Elder Mario & Lucinda Flores
Elder Tino & Mary Gonzales
Children's, Youth, and Women's Director
Creative & Media Arts Director